Weekly Meal Plan 4/10-4/16

Ahhhh- Spring Break, I love you. I took the kids to Florida by MYSELF- So, I am exhausted but the kids did really great in the car, we saw some of our dear friends, had a blast and are now in recovery mode.  My FAVORITE thing about going away is no unloading/loading the dishwasher, no laundry, no meal planning, no cooking, etc...But now coming back, I am actually ready to do those things again. I think.  We'll see how I feel at the end of the week.

On to the meal planning-

Sunday night- 

A favorite around here...Vietnamese Noodle Bowls 
First picture is Rachel Ray's...
Vietnamese Noodle Bowl with Glazed Pork

And this is a picture of our bowls! 
The kids really love these, except last time Eve had issue with the mint? One day she loves something, one day she doesn't- 3 year olds...

Monday night- 

Sweet Thai Chili Salmon Skewers  Will serve with salad and green beans.  
30 minute sweet thai chili salmon skewers I howsweeteats.com

Tuesday night-

This is a picture from ours when we made it before- yes, I already took some bites out of one because I couldn't wait...

This is Pinch of Yum's picture- I wish I could take pictures like them!!! So delish. 

Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw - ready in 30 minutes and loaded with avocado, spicy shrimp, and a homemade creamy lime slaw.  Best tacos I've ever had!

Wednesday night- 

We are having a team meeting for our Nicaragua missions trip at our house tonight, so I am just making a Build your own Taco Salad
Here is how I will prep the meat..

2 lbs ground beef
cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt

Heat skillet to medium heat. Add ground beef and brown the meat, breaking up the meat as you go along. Drain any excess fat. Add about 4 tbsp chili powder, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp oregano and salt to taste. Mix well. Then add about 1/2 cup water and simmer about 5-10 min until the liquid is reduced and the flavors meld into a "sauce"

Then I will just have tortilla chips, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, lettuce, avocado, etc...

Also, RICE AND BLACK BEANS- because it is cheap and it feeds a lot of people. 
**Prep rice according to directions on package.  In another saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.  Dice up an onion + 2-3 cloves of garlic (depending on how much you love garlic).  Add onion and garlic and let soften.  Add 1/2 tbsp cumin, salt to taste and 1 tbsp oregano along with 2 cans of black beans.  (I also will add some Adobo seasoning)  Simmer for 10 minutes or so.  Mix with rice and serve.  (You could also keep them separate)

Image result for pictures of taco salad

Thursday night- 

This is a new recipe I saw on the Whole Foods website- I hope it turns out well! Will keep it simple and serve with applesauce/fruit and....
Baked Brown Rice Kibbeh

Roasted Carrots with Cumin 
Ingredients: 
2 lbs carrots
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1-2 tsp cumin
salt/pepper
chopped up mint- about 2 tbsp 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Peel and cut carrots how you like to eat them. Combine oil, vinegar and cumin (I ended up dumping more cumin than I should but they were still yummy)...pour over carrots and toss. Place on baking sheet and roast for 20-30 min. Check them halfway through and stir. Sprinkle with mint and serve.

Friday night- 

Sweet Potato Pancakes with Spice Blueberry Sauce- these are gluten free + vegan
We have made these before and they are a hit! 
Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cinnamon Spiced Blueberry Sauce- Vegan and Gluten Free from HeatherChristo.com
Will serve with bacon- Have you tried Trader Joe's Black Forest bacon??? Oh my goodness! It is so good. We are obsessed with that right now. 

Bonus recipe : ) 
Saw these and going to try these for snacks this week- 
chocolate stuffed oatmeal bars from the cookies and cups cookbook I howsweeteats.com
I am thinking these will be good just because ...well, the ingredients alone sound good :  ) 

Here are a few pics from our quick Florida trip! 










Great food, friends, weather, family...we were so grateful. 





Comments

Popular Posts