Weekly Meal Plan 4/16-4/22

We have loved the weekend and have eaten out more than we thought, so some of my meals got shifted around, which is fine with me!!!
We ended up having an impromptu at home date night on Friday night. We feed the kids and then Ben puts them to bed, I call in an order to Thaicoon and then we eat in peace after the kid are in bed : ). Some of our favorite nights! Here is our sushi order below...

Saturday, we went to Shake Shack in Buckhead because it is right across the street from Restoration Hardware (the Estate- the most MASSIVE Restoration Hardware I have ever been to).  We (rather I) have been eyeing a new kitchen table there for about 1 1/2 years and we wanted to go look and thought we would make an afternoon out of it...Shake Shack below- we love the rooftop dining and it was a beautiful day! 


 We did get hamburgers, but the kids wanted hot dogs...
And here is the Restoration Hardware- SIX floors! 
Saturday night- we were invited to a friend's 40th birthday party, so no cooking needed.  They had Jim and Nick's BBQ cater it and the beef brisket- yummm...

On to Sunday night- 

We are having a good friend over for dinner, so here is what is on the menu- 

Serving with Dave Poe's Mac-n-Cheese
I know this isn't healthy in anyway shape or form, but the kids will love it and I let them indulge some after all : ) 
From the menu of ... Dave Poe's BBQ photo

Roasted Carrots with Cumin
Ingredients: 
2 lbs carrots
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1-2 tsp cumin
salt/pepper
chopped up mint- about 2 tbsp 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Peel and cut carrots how you like to eat them. Combine oil, vinegar and cumin (I ended up dumping more cumin than I should but they were still yummy)...pour over carrots and toss. Place on baking sheet and roast for 20-30 min. Check them halfway through and stir. Sprinkle with mint and serve. 


Monday night-

This is Dinner on the Square night at our church (Stonebridge Church in Marietta, Ga).  You get to drop your kids off for childcare and then you get to go out to dinner at some of the fun restaurants on the square. No need to cook dinner tonight...well, I will need to throw together something for the kids. 


Tuesday night-

Taco Tuesday- Pork Carnitas-slow cooker

*corn tortillas
*simple guac- avocado, handful of cilantro chopped, juice of one lime (I like it "limey"), and Himalayan pink salt
*lettuce
*salsa verde
-and that is pretty much it- I am sure I will add some cheese to the kids' tacos; )

Wednesday night-
SALAD night- You don't need a recipe : ) 

Really, I make it my own- 
Pick a protein, roast some veggies (broccoli, butternut squash, etc...), have something crunchy- I like sunflower seeds, crushed up tortilla chips and the SAUCE/Dressing- that is the most important part. 
Except I didn't put pistachios in the last time I made it and I liked it just as much, if not more- I thinned it out some with a little bit more water to make it more like a dressing. 

Thursday night-
Turkish Lamb Meatballs

This is a sous vide recipe BUT you don't need a sous vide to make this, you can just cook these in a skillet OR the oven- the sous vide just has them cook very evenly throughout and then you brown them at the end. I still need to do a sous vide post...
Image result for picture of turkish lamb meatballs

Friday night-


We are heading to North Carolina for the weekend, so won't make dinner tonight, but will leave you with Coconut Ginger Curry Brown Rice Bowl- this is one recipe I have been wanting to try. 
Coconut Ginger Curry Chickpeas

I am going to do another post about making bubble tea!! A few of my friends and I are ADDICTED to Bubble Tea and my friend Misti GAVE me some tapioca pearls along with the fat/bubble tea straws to experiment so I did today and it was good. That will follow this week : ) Have a great week! 





Comments

Popular Posts