Lamb Kofta Kebabs

We grilled out with our friends/neighbors tonight and we brought our own protein to grill- I had some ground lamb and I love kebabs so I pulled together this - I just love all of the flavor from the spices.  What is crazy is that I didn't take a picture of the final product! So, next time I will but here is what I did and the recipe.

Ingredients
1 lb. ground lamb
3 cloves of garlic- finely minced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
3 tbsp parsley - chopped
1 tbsp mint- chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Directions
Place garlic, onion, parsley, mint, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and salt in a food processor until well combined.  (I just finely diced everything and mashed it with a mortar and pestle-truth is that I didn't want to wash the food processor...lazy, I know)  Place ground lamb in a bowl with spice/herb mixture and knead with hands to combine.  Do not overwork!

If you are using bamboo skewers, you need to soak the skewers in water 15-30 minutes before using. I have some handy dandy metal skewers that are so worth owning.

Take a handful of the meat mixture and form into a meatball.  Thread onto a skewer and flatten into a long sausage like shape.  I put about three of these per skewer.

Heat grill to high heat.  Grill over high heat for 6 minutes per side- keep an eye on them- maybe less.  Remove from grill.  Enjoy!


I feel like with lamb, you either love the taste or really dislike the taste...obvi we love the taste : ) 

Comments

Popular Posts