Procrastinating about Meal Planning but Here you Go!

I am sitting watching the Atlanta Falcon's football game and I must meal plan and go to the grocery store and I don't.want.to but I know our week is so much better for it.  I am going to use proteins we have in the freezer and try not to buy many new things today (or tomorrow ; ) at the store.

Still in the middle of the 21 day fix so I am trying to focus on proteins, fruits and veggies and not too many carbs- insert sobbing here- : ) We ate out a few times this week and will post that below and me attempting to stay within my 21 Day Fix boundaries while eating out and it is hard for me! I love ALL the food and don't like to be limited. Hence the 21 Day Fix!

Speaking of 21 Day Fix and things you can't eat on it, here is a picture of a cake I made for Luke's birthday, not pretty but delicious...recipe link at the bottom of the post!

Here we go...

Blackened Red Snapper
*The Chew-Mario Batali*
Image result for picture of blackened red snapper
Will serve with brown rice, roasted broccoli, and some fruit! 

*Cookie and Kate blog*
I love the pictures on their blog- I have made this recipe MANY times and I will change out the arugula, since I don't have any, but I have plenty of kale to use up! 
This one is so good for a brunch as well-I have made this when I have girlfriends over. 
Arugula and Cremini Quiche with Gluten-Free Almond Meal Crust - cookieandkate.com
Sides will be simple, probably applesauce or a simple salad- lettuce with avocado and balsamic dressing.  

*How Sweet Eats blog*
Will serve with either rice or some millet/rice ramen noodles and some roasted veggie of some sort---probably roasted carrots. 
salmon with thai curry peanut sauce and coconut cilantro rice I howsweeteats.com

Shortcut Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
*Against All Grain*- 
This is soooo easy and somehow so good. AND the best part is that it makes a TON. So, I freeze 1/2 of the sauce at the end and it will be a quick meal for another week. 
I am going to make zucchini noodles (zoodles) for myself and use regular noodles for the family. 

*If you haven't bought ghee before, it is at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods...I get mine at Trader Joe's typically.*

Shortcut Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
                 This recipe is from my All Against Grain cookbook- Danielle Walker
                 Ingredients-
                 2 tsp ghee or extra virgin olive oil (I get my ghee at Trader Joes)
                 4 cloves garlic, minced                                  2 pounds ground beef
                 1 tbsp Italian seasoning                                 1 tbsp dried parsley
                 2 tsp onion powder                                        1 1/2 tsp sea salt
                 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper                         1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
                 5 cups spaghetti sauce (either store bought or make your own)
                 Pasta of choice (I will use spaghetti squash for my noodles sometimes!)
                 Directions-
                 1.  Heat the ghee in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the garlic for 1 minute, until
                      fragrant. Add the beef and seasonings, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 10
                      minutes until the beef is cooked through. Drain any grease.
                2.   Pour in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or pasta
                      substitute of your choice.

The other nights, probably breakfast for dinner, junk salads-throw whatever you have in the fridge on your salad : ) or something like that!
In this one- beets, peaches, bacon, blackberries, pistachios and tortilla chips...you might say "yuck"
: ) but it works for me/us!

Have a great week!!! 

Interested in what I agonized over in eating out on 21 Day Fix, keep reading! 

Met up with my sweet, dear friend at Sugar Cakes (on the Marietta, GA square)- 
Success! Eggs with ALL THE VEGGIES- mushrooms, onions, spinach, and bell pepper along with some fruit. 

On Friday night, went to Papi's Cuban and Caribbean restaurant in Kennesaw, GA with some fab friends- and saved up my carbs for dinner : ). I had the tostones supremos but changed it up quite a bit- tostones, pork and LOTS of cilantro and onions...whatever health benefits cilantro gives, I HAVE THEM ALL. That is a lot of cilantro! 


SO, EVERY Sunday in September is KIDS EAT FREE AT CHIPOTLE! We love Chipotle so this is super good news for us...On mine...barbacoa, LOTS of sauteed onions and peppers, lettuce and we got a side of their guac, which we all split/fight for. 


Eve wanted to eat her meal in her sunglasses...


If you made it this far, one more bonus recipe- we had one last birthday celebration for Luke with his neighborhood buddies so we just met up at the pool and I made this cake- this homemade yellow cake recipe is SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS! And as you can tell, I made it my own with decorating- eeeep. Not my finest decorating but they didn't care! 






Comments

Popular Posts