Meal plan for 1/30-2/5


Saturday night- DATE night! Woohoo! 
Went to Superica with friends- If you are in the Atlanta area- GO THERE- 
But don't go on Saturday nights---we waited TWO hours-- but we were with friends, had margaritas and it was so.much.fun. This was my Tacos de Barbacoa---delish!


But, did make pizza for the kids and the sitter-
I use this homemade pizza dough for our pizzas- it makes enough for 2 pizzas- I froze the other one for another dinner.

Best Pizza Dough
My kids love black olives, pepperoncini and cheese-

Sunday - 
Leftovers- my streak of not cooking on Sunday continues!!!!!!!!!!! (I froze the extra portion from this past week)
Using the spaghetti sauce leftovers from my last meal plan post-
Shortcut Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
                 This recipe is from my All Against Grain cookbook- Danielle Walker
                 Ingredients-
                 2 tsp ghee or extra virgin olive oil (I get my ghee at Trader Joes)
                 4 cloves garlic, minced                                  2 pounds ground beef
                 1 tbsp Italian seasoning                                 1 tbsp dried parsley
                 2 tsp onion powder                                        1 1/2 tsp sea salt
                 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper                         1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
                 5 cups spaghetti sauce (either store bought or make your own)
                 Pasta of choice (I will use spaghetti squash for my noodles sometimes!)
                 Directions- 
                 1.  Heat the ghee in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the garlic for 1 minute, until
                      fragrant. Add the beef and seasonings, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 10
                      minutes, until the beef is cooked through. Drain any grease.
                2.   Pour in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or pasta
                      substitute of your choice.
- Ben is in charge tonight of cooking the noodles : ) and will serve with roasted broccoli.

Monday- From my recent Giada cookbook! Serves 1 but I will obviously make it x4!

American Rice Breakfast Bowl

Tuesday-  Taco Tuesday! 

Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw - ready in 30 minutes and loaded with avocado, spicy shrimp, and a homemade creamy lime slaw.  HELLO YUMMY!

Wednesday- 
Strawberry, Goat Cheese, Bacon, Turkey burgers


Thursday- 
One Pot Oktoberfest and Spatzle- 
The kids looooooove spatzle- you kind of need a spatzle maker- Will post a separate blog post about how to make these- even if you don't have a spatzle maker- ingredients/how-to etc...

Friday- 
Is Luke's Science Fair----audible groan---I strongly dislike these things but I think we will be ready!
Probably will just make breakfast for dinner-
Our typical breakfast for dinner---
*hash browns, scrambled eggs, bacon and some baked good of some sort : )* Will post that recipe later : )
Have a great week!!!
This is what is usually happening most all day every day at this house---tea parties...





Comments

  1. Michelle's husband made us spätzle over Christmas and it was so good! You have a spätzle maker? You'll have to show me sometime. I'd love to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! It is way easier with a spatzle maker for sure but I have done it without one. I can show you and Liam and Cora would love them, I am sure of it : ) P.S. How did you get the umlauts over the "a"? I don't think I can do that! I love that you knew to put the umlauts on...I am a nerd.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts