Meal plan for 1/16-1/22

Saturday night-
We had Ben's co-worker over for dinner and he is an adventurous eater so I knew I could try something unique!
This was the pick!

Whole Roasted Fish- from my Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook- we bought a red snapper at Whole Foods
Side dishes: Roasted Kabocha squash with bacon and onions
                    Pioneer Woman's Panfried Kale
                    AND Baked Potato Crisps




Sunday- Leftovers! 
On Friday, I had made this in the crockpot- Sweet and Spicy Pork Shoulder, so I just made more rice and we still had some of the cucumbers- perfect since I had to go pick up Luke in South Carolina.

Monday- Church family dinner- I always sign up for something I like to eat and then just get in the front of the line : ) Here is my "go-to" Roasted veggie kale salad- except I TOTALLY changed it up- I used butternut squash instead of the pumpkin, raisins instead of the cranberries and cashews instead of the pecans-soooo, I pretty much "made it my own" but used the overall idea.

Tuesday- Taco Tuesday as always-
*ground beef seasoned with chili powder, cumin and salt
*sauteed bell peppers and onions
*simple guacamole- 1 avocado, 1/2 lime squeezed, cilantro, Himalayan pink salt- that's it!
*cheese for the kids
*corn tortillas
*lettuce

Wednesday- Cheesy Bacon-Tater Tot Pie from my recent Food Network Magazine- Eve loved it, Luke not so much, and a winner for Ben-

Served with *Roasted broccoli
Aaaand *another round of simple guacamole with corn tortilla chips

Thursday- I can't remember where I got this recipe from, so I can't provide the link, but here is the recipe..>Italian Sausage, White Bean and Kale Soup

Ingredients:
  • 16 ounces ground Italian sausage
  • 1/2 large butternut squash, peeled
  • 1/2 bunch of kale
  • 1/2 medium/large fennel bulb
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 can (~15.5 ounces) white beans
  • 5-7 fresh sage leaves
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 5 cups water
Directions:
Brown sausage in a pan on the stove top or in your crock-pot. (I have the Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System and it’s awesome. You can cook meat and veggies inside before you add everything else.)
Then, cut up the butternut squash, fennel, and onion into chunks.
Rinse and drain beans, chop kale, and then add spices, sage, and water to your crock pot. Cook on low heat for 4-ish hours.

Serving with a side of: Easy Cornbread gluten free muffins

Off to watch House of Cards with Ben! - Diabolical.....

Comments

Popular Posts