Meal Plan for 2/13-2/19

Friday night- was our DATE NIGHT! I so much look forward to these nights- eating food without jumping up and down from the table, saying "Take a bite to eat, sit on your bottom, etc..." and that someone else prepared the food is always amazing. It is the simple things ; )

We got the American Idol roll and Double Fantasy roll- both were so good! Thaicoon for the win again. (Not pictured- spring basil rolls with shrimp)




Saturday-We each took the kids on breakfast dates- I took Luke to Doughnut Dollies and I taught                                                                                          Luke the art of playing solitaire!
Luke picked the Apple Struesel doughnut and then we headed upstairs to Canvas and I got him a scrambled egg and I got myself the oatmeal.
We decided spur of the moment to grab BBQ for dinner at Dave Poe's - our local, fave BBQ spot. It was a busy day and I just didn't feel like cooking. It did not disappoint as always!



SUNDAY- VALENTINE'S DAY! 
We try to make the day special for the kids (and us).  Each year, I make a heart-shaped pizza for them and once again, that is their request-
I use this pizza dough recipe- and cut the pepperoni into heart shapes- Here is a pic from last year-

 Just use your favorite pizza sauce- and favorite toppings- I bake it at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes- it is not beautiful, but they love it!
 
For Ben and I, I bought some Frenched Rack of Lamb and will use this recipe- 
I made it on New Years Eve and it was so good! We put the kids to bed and eat after they are in their rooms and make it as romantic as possible...

I served it was some baked brie and a salad with avocado and blueberries. 

Monday night- We are having some good friends over for dinner and they have four kiddos, so Mexican is a good theme! Usually a crowd pleaser! 
Using this Beef Taquitos recipe- it is one I have used before and it def a repeater.
Oven-Fried Beef Taquitos  
Will serve with simple guac (I use 2-3 avocados, juice of one lime, bunch of chopped cilantro and himalayan pink salt), tortilla chips and Mexican Roasted Potatoes

Tuesday night- 

TACO TUESDAY! 
Asian Salmon Tacos

Wednesday night-  Taking a meal to a friend who just had a baby, so I am doubling the meal and having some for us as well! This is an oldie but a goodie...

Chicken Vesuvio 
Serving with green beans and rice pilaf. 

Thursday night- 
Love a Vietnamese Noodle Bowl- I just got some rice noodles from Costco and I am going to use those with this recipe. 
Vietnamese Noodle Bowl with Glazed Pork

Friday- 
EVE'S THREE YEAR OLD BIRTHDAY! I cannot believe it! 
She is requesting a cookie cake with Anna and Elsa----I will figure that one out somehow I guess. We will take her out to wherever she wants to go Friday night! Can't wait to celebrate my sweet girl! 

   









Comments

Popular Posts