One-Pot Meals

Here is a round-up of my few "go-to" one-pot recipes...I rotate these throughout the weeks.

One I have posted before (a lot recently)- is :

Shortcut Spaghetti with Meat Sauce - From Against All Grain- Danielle Walker

Ingredients: 
2 tsp ghee or extra virgin olive oil (I get my ghee from Trader Joes)
4 cloves garlic, minced                                           2 pounds ground beef
1 tbsp Italian seasoning                                          1 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp onion powder                                                 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper                                  1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
5 cups spaghetti sauce (store bought or make your own)
Pasta choice (I use zoodles for me or spaghetti squash)

Directions: 
1.  Heat the ghee in a sauce pan (I use a dutch oven) over medium-high heat. Saute the garlic for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the beef and seasonings, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 10 minutes, until the beef is cooked through.  Drain any grease.
2.  Pour in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or pasta substitute of your choice.

Image result for picture of spaghetti with meat sauce

Next up,

Creamy White Chicken Chili

I usually just use 1 can of the chopped green chilies because my kids don't love too much green chili taste. And I use greek yogurt instead of the sour cream.

Loaded Potato Soup

Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
I use a gluten free flour or oat flour instead of the regular flour in the recipe. And again, I use greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. Make it your own! We typically don't add cheese at the end...it is highly customizable. Okay and technically it is not a one-pot meal because you do need the microwave for the potatoes ( I just use a plate ) but it is super quick! And tasty.

One Pot Oktoberfeast

Here is another one- German-style- I lived in Germany for 6 years growing up, so this one is great for me : ) And I love that there is sauerkraut in it- good for your belly!

One-Pot Oktoberfeast
I am a broken record, but again, I use greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. I get the sauerkraut that is in a jar and refrigerated (that is the good for your belly kind).

Brazilian Beans and Rice with Sausage - 

I have "made this my own"- so I will just print out how I make it-
I sometimes add sausage but most of the time I will just do this and leave the sausage out- This is a good one if this you need a "budget" meal. I have even taken this to friends who have had babies and just brought it with guac and chips and a salad. Dinner done.

Ingredients
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 Lb. smoked sausage, sliced
  • ½ c. chopped green onion (or regular onion)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 c. rice
  • 2 c. chicken broth
  • 1 (14 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • 1-2 bay leaves
Instructions
  1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
  2. Add sausage, green onion, and garlic and saute until onions become soft.
  3. Stir in rice, chicken broth, beans, salt & pepper, and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
  4. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is done.
  5. Remove from heat and fluff rice with a fork (Please remove the bay leaves : ) ). 
Image result for picture of brazilian rice and beans with sausage

I have a lot more but I thought I would do these to start out with! Please comment below ideas for me! I always love new meal ideas- easy and one-pot is great.



Comments

Popular Posts