Weekly Meal Plan 3/11-3/18




This week I am a little "off"- I had a much needed girls weekend in Charlotte, NC with my sister and my two best girlfriends from college. It was so refreshing, fun, lots of laughter....basically good for my soul! I already miss them!
Recipes are below...keep scrolling, but here are some pics from our weekend.





 
What is a girls weekend without some margaritas? I mean really. I was the mixologist and they turned out well! Let me know if you want the recipe. 


Friday Night- 

I got there a little early and met up with my dear friend Meghann and hung out at Birkdale, then met up with my sister at Viva Chicken (A Peruvian chicken restaurant)- 
 
Love this friend! 

Quinoa stuffed avocado + Sweet Potato Fries


Saturday night- 

My sister and I hit up Whole Foods on Friday night and got some of their prepared kababs, veggies that we roasted and made some rice along with it for dinner BUT for breakfast, we made my fave Breakfast Casserole ...

Sunday night- 

Since I arrived back home a little before dinner time, Ben already had skirt steak marinating using this recipe from last week- Hear ya go! Garlic Mustard Maple Chili Beef Skewers

Garlic Mustard Maple Chili Beef Skewers from HeatherChristo.com

Monday night-

Trying a new one tonight- Will use pork tenderloin sliced thinly and sauteed instead of the chicken- Hopefully it turns out well! 


One Pot Chicken Cabbage Bowl with Ginger Seseame Soy Broth

Tuesday night- 

This weekend, my best friend Whitney was showing me some blogs she loves for recipes and this recipe totally stuck out to me! I am having some friends over for dinner tonight and I hope it turns out well. I am going to use corn tortillas and crisp those in the oven for a little bit in place of pitas. 

Pita Tostadas // From Camille's Kitchen

Wednesday night- 

So, Ben is out of town AGAIN this week- Ayiyiyi...so, I am keeping it simple for dinner this night- yup, I am making Carrot Quinoa Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies and serving with eggs or bacon and/or fruit...hopefully these will be re-purposed for actual cookies for breakfast the rest of the week. 

Carrot Quinoa Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies / vegan & gluten free

For some reason the link isn't working tonight, I will go back and add it in tomorrow if it is, but for now, here is the recipe! 

Ingredients
1 cup oat flour (made from 1¼ cups whole rolled oats)
*1 cup (additional) whole rolled oats* (see note)
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
half teaspoon sea salt 
½ cup cooked quinoa
1 cup finely shredded carrots
2 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 5 tablespoons warm water
½ cup almond butter
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup nuts and/or seeds (I used walnuts + pepitas)
½ cup dried cranberries
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.Use a food processor or a blender to process the 1¼ cups rolled oats into a fine flour and measure out one level cup. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, the remaining 1 cup whole oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. Fold in the quinoa and then the shredded carrots, stirring until the carrots are completely coated with flour.In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup and stir well to incorporate. Stir in the flaxseed mixture.Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and fold in just until combined. Stir in the walnuts, pepitas, and cranberries.Scoop about ¼ cup of batter for each cookie onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.When cookies are completely cool, they can be stored in an airtight container or frozen.
Notes
*Be sure to use certified gluten free oats to make these gluten free.

Thursday night- 

So, tonight I am recipe developing- I am going to attempt a tortilla casserole with ground turkey, salsa verde, cotija cheese, etc....Stay tuned for later this week and I will post it. If it turns out well. And it is tasty. You may not get a recipe... : ) 

Friday night- 

Tonight is the annual mother-son game night at our church- it is so.much.fun. Last year I remember Luke slathering butter on my face and seeing how many cheerios he could stick to my face. I don't think we won, but I got a rather nice facial instead! So, Luke and I will be eating pizza, oreos, really whatever boy food they want to serve. Yummmmm....or not. I think I will cook these up for Ben and Eve or to have some healthy leftovers. 




*Side Note* Ben bought me a sous vide cooker for Valentine's Day and I have been SO INTIMIDATED to use it. I am going to give it a shot and use a Sous Vide Miso Salmon recipe. Wish me luck! 

miso salmon sous vide recipe-6144
Will serve over brown rice with scallions...

Please please comment with any questions or recipe ideas OR recipes you would like to see! It helps me think outside the box with meals. Have a great week! 








Comments

  1. The sis again: The mixologist did rock out the maragritas. Did she use the .88 cent pre-made frozen limeade? Of course she did not. Did she squeeze 83 limes for fresh lime juice instead? Of course she did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It was only about 7-8 limes...no biggie : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts