Baked Blueberry Oatmeal

I really do need to get better at my photography...I know! 

My parents are visiting for one glorious week! When they come, they are amazing. I want to be like them when I grow up : ).  They jump right into our lives, serve us, love on the kids, give us breaks (such as day and night dates), take us out to eat and are just fun to be with! I have been making breakfasts that just feed everyone all at once so this one was perfect.  

Baked Blueberry Oatmeal

Ingredients
2 cups gluten free oats
2 T whole chia seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
14 oz. almond milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
butter or oil to grease the baking dish
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

(Feel free to add in anything else! I also sprinkled some raisins-~1/4 cup over as well)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease an 8x8 baking dish (I use a glass one).  In a bowl mix oats, chia seeds, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Add maple syrup and stir.  Pour oatmeal mixture into dish. Pour almond milk over the oatmeal mixture.  Top with berries.  Bake 40 minutes.  Let cool about 10 minutes before serving.  

You can serve this a variety of ways.  I just top with a spoonful of nut butter.  You could pour more milk over some of the oatmeal in a bowl.  Make it your own : ) 

Here is a dollop of cashew butter on top of mine.  

This was Ben's plate : ) 


Comments

Popular Posts