Weekly Meal Plan 5/15-5/20

To start off, favorite meal of the week last week was the Gingery Broccoli and Mushroom Beef Stir Fry...will definitely repeat this one again! I put ours over the millet and brown rice ramen noodles that I buy and the kids (and adults) loved it. 


We got a date night on Friday night and went to Chicken and the Egg here in Marietta- it is a stand-by for us! Ben got the trout- if only he would catch some trout this size and bring it home (he is into fly fishing but is working on the "art" of fly fishing). 

Not pictured is my dish- I typically will get side dishes and a salad- I got the gouda grits, heirloom carrots drizzled with honey and a salad with a reeeally good preserved lemon vinaigrette.  Went to Starbucks after for tea and to just chat. 


On to meals for the week- some stuff got shifted last week so I still didn't get to cook some of the ones I planned on- 

Monday night- 

This is a one-skillet dish which is what I shoot for most nights! 

Tuesday night- 

Taco Tuesday! 
Saw this one and am excited about trying it...

Citrus Grilled Fish Tacos with Citrus Slaw and Creamy Orange Cashew Sauce from Heather Christo

Wednesday night-

I love it when everything is in one bowl and this is the main dish and sides combined : ) 

Peruvian Steak and Roasted Sweet Potato Bowl

Thursday night- 

So, we grilled out with our friends/neighbors on Sunday and I had some ground lamb and I kept track of what I put in and it was good...here it is! We are doing it again this week because I have more ground lamb.
I didn't take a pic of the final product..we were so hungry, so next time I will! 



Friday night-

I am heading to North Carolina today to run a 10K with my sister, so Ben and the kids are on their own.  I am making a Costco run and will probably pick up some easy items for them while I am gone. Usually a rotisserie chicken, salad fixin's and I will do a slow cooker meal for them to have as well. 
Have a great week! 

In case you are interested, here is what I do for breakfasts a lot- I tend to make "bowls" for breakfast- you obviously see a theme with bowls : ) 

Below is some sausage, avocado, strawberries and blackberries one morning this week-

Here is one with sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts (these were leftovers) and then I added some avocado- I ate it out of the tupperware so I didn't have to wash another dish! 








Comments

  1. Hey Girl! For the flank steak, how do you prepare it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Here is the recipe-
      I sometimes just use only 1/4 cup brown sugar...

      Flank Steak -
      Marinade:
      1-3 T. sesame seeds
      1/4 c. salad oil
      1/2 c. soy sauce
      2 cloves garlic, crushed
      1/2 t. pepper
      1/2 t. ginger (scant)
      1/2 c. brown sugar (I will honey instead sometimes)
      2 green onions sliced (I don't always have these on hand and it is fine without them I think!)

      Place steak in a glass dish. Pour on marinade and let stand overnight in refrigerator- flip occasionally-
      Broil or BBQ 5. min each side-

      I typically marinate this for 24 hours if I can- but if you can't and it just marinates during the day- I think it is still really good!

      Delete
    2. Oh! I also use tamari instead of soy sauce in case you want it to be gluten free!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts