Weekly Meal Plan 5/29-6/3

We have been in Florida all week at my parents and it has been fabulous! So relaxing and refreshing. Lots of fishing, going to the beach, the pool, playing games, reading...I don't want it to end! It has been fun to randomly try some new veggies...

Such as purple cauliflower! We got some at the Fernandina Beach Farmers Market- I couldn't resist because it was so pretty.
*Just roasted it at 375 degrees with some olive oil and salt- delish*

Also tried some rutabaga fries...have you seen rutabaga in the grocery store? We have and have just never tried it.  Luke talked me into it.  This is what they look like...

This is the recipe I used- Rutabaga Fries


This is not my picture (above) but they looked like this! Eve downed them...Luke tolerated them. The rest of the adults enjoyed them : ) 

Onto meal planning for the week! 

Monday Night- 

Ben and I are driving back from FL today and leaving the kids at my parents for a few days so meals will be simple this week and ones they may not love ; )

We will grill most likely OR use this for tonight. Rack of Lamb with Garlic and Herbs.  This is so stinking easy and so delicious.  

Will try this side dish- already have the ingredients but not the wild rice- will just use brown rice I think! 

Tuesday Night-

Ever since I had arepas at Arepa Mia at Sweet Auburn Market in Atlanta and really.want.more. Found this recipe and will give it a go! 
I LOVE this blog- Pinch of Yum and their pictures are amazing.  The carnitas part- I will use some that I have made before and froze then leftovers- you could just use whatever protein in place that you want OR leave it out and I am sure it will be just as good! 

Arepas - fried cornmeal pockets stuffed with all the fillings you could ever want, like carnitas, spicy chicken, sweet potatoes, black beans, sauces, and more. THESE ARE SO GOOD! | pinchofyum.com

Wednesday night- 

So, I just ordered some organic nori sheets off of Amazon and will use them with this recipe this week, which I am sure I will make into my own! 
If you love sushi and have never made it at home...don't be intimidated. You can do it! 

Avocado Mango Brown Rice Sushi

Thursday night- 

I am meeting my parents halfway today to get the kids back - 3 hours there + 3 hours back BUT 3 of those hours I am by myself in the car. Yes! I can listen to podcasts, bust a move to my fave music, pray, really whatever...
We have our FINAL Nicaragua team meeting tonight- we leave so soon for our missions trip. It is build your own taco theme (my idea...shocking I know). I would eat tacos probably every day if I could.  Going with my Pork Carnitas  in the slow cooker recipe- that is my contribution : ) 

Pork Carnitas

Friday night- 

I actually am just going to do build your own massive salad night...I won't want to cook I don't think. We will be with friends during the day and playing and I don't want to come in early to cook : ) 


Here is a picture of some I have done in the past- usually some roasted veggies, some protein (egg or bacon...), something crunchy (seeds/nuts) and just make a basic vinaigrette.  

We have loved our time in Fernandina Beach!!! Eve accidentally caught a fish. Ha! She was just reeling her line back in and the fish did snag the lure, so Luke took over and reeled it in- team effort! P.S. Who doesn't fish in their dress and pajamas? 


Pork and Bacon Kebabs for dinner tonight! 


Me and my man! 


Me and my other man.


My sweet girl- loved the sand/tidal pools- the ocean, not so much! 


Gilbert's Underground BBQ


Pool Time


Relaxation! 


Have a great week! 



Comments

Popular Posts