Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn




Soooo....once you start eating this, you may not stop.  I had to take Eve to urgent care and then to the hospital last Friday (all is well now) but I had made this popcorn during the day and put a bunch in a bag to take with me to urgent care- priorities right? : )

When they told me I needed to go to the hospital, I proceeded to eat THE WHOLE BAG on the ride to the hospital. Emotional eating? Perhaps!

Ingredients: 
8 cups popped popcorn (I pop mine on the stovetop in coconut oil)
1 cup rice chex
1/2 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
1.  Microwave the chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a bowl in 30 sec. intervals and whisk until smooth OR do this in a saucepan on the stovetop.

2.  In the meantime, place the powdered sugar and salt in a gallon ziploc bag.  Put the popcorn and the chex cereal in a large bowl.

3.  When the mixture is melted, pour over the popcorn/cereal mixture and stir until all of the popcorn is coated.

4.  Transfer the chocolate covered popcorn to the ziploc bag, seal the bag and shake until all of the popcorn/cereal is coated.  It will last about one week in an airtight container, but it probably won't last that long around your house!







Comments

Popular Posts