Meal Plan 8/6-8/13

This weekend is super fun-filled! My college friend Stacey and her family are here visiting- we haven't seen each other since they had their kids, so we were due for a visit! I am so glad they made the drive and that we are getting to hang out.

FIRST, before they came though, our friends (the Lytle's) made an amazing Brazilian feast to celebrate the opening Olympic Ceremonies together and it was fantastic! I asked for the recipes so I will post those later when she gets them to me : )
Here are some pics-
^A shrimp coconut soup with a tapioca biscuit ^

Beef with chimichurri sauce (and rice obvi)

The tapioca biscuits! 

A fun pineapple, coconut, mint rum cocktail : ) 

And a flan-like Brazilian dessert...

With our friends, we took them to Dave Poe's BBQ...


The beef brisket is my fave + their green beans. 


Onto the recipes- 

Last week I tried these- 

From Heather Christo's blog


They were really good but you have to either eat them in 1-2 days or freeze them because the moisture from the peaches can make them soggy eventually...I learned the hard way : ) 

Build Your Own Taco Salad Night- 

Here is how I will prep the meat..

2 lbs ground beef
cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt

Heat skillet to medium heat. Add ground beef and brown the meat, breaking up the meat as you go along. Drain any excess fat. Add about 4 tbsp chili powder, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp oregano and salt to taste. Mix well. Then add about 1/2 cup water and simmer about 5-10 min until the liquid is reduced and the flavors meld into a "sauce"

Then I will just have tortilla chips, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, lettuce, avocado, etc...

Image result for pictures of taco salad

Next up- 

-Michael Symon's-
Grilled Skirt Steak / Romulo Yanes
Grilled Skirt Steak / Romulo Yanes
<p>Grilled Balsamic Skirt Steak</p>


Gallopinto (Nicaraguan Rice and Beans)
Along with some other veggie I haven't figured out yet- probably roasted carrots or brussel sprouts...

Date Night at Home : ) 
We have a tough time getting date nights in- we don't mind paying sitters but we don't love it either so some nights we put the kids to bed a little early and eat (in peace) and have quality conversation- so, we settle for date nights at home.  Which actually turn out yummy! 



Will probably make with a salad and roasted potatoes- easy- 
Lately I focus on just making a protein and veggies for sides to keep things simple. 

A spin-off for Taco Tuesdays-

Except I am going to use ground turkey and serving it up with homemade guac- This is a comfort meal for me! 
Oven-Fried Beef Taquitos

That is it this week!!! 
I AM GOING ON VACATION! I leave Thursday- my amazing parents are coming to stay with Ben and the kids while I get to go on a 5 day trip to Tulum, Mexico with my sister and her best friend Tracy. This is my sister's 40th birthday celebration and I AM ALL IN! I am envisioning lots of relaxing, reading, getting re-charged. I seriously cannot wait. 
School starting this week has got nothin' on me! My eye is on the prize---sitting on the beach with a cocktail in one hand and a good book in the other...

Summer is over (for the kids : )- and here are the kids with some friends waiting on pins and needles for the lifeguard to blow his whistle after "adult" swim.  I love how they are dying for that one little moment...*sigh* Goodbye summer- you were good to us! 













Comments

Popular Posts