Apples & Pumpkin Inspired Meal Planning! (And MANY thanks!)

It is getting cooler but still not cool enough for me! I am hoping that is right around the corner.  I am taking the kids apple picking in North Georgia this week so I am getting ready to have all.the.apples - the kids are already requesting an apple pie!

Before I begin with the meals- delicata squash- I LOVE this type...Try it- I just roast it at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes- just brush with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt- such a good roasted veggie to have on hand.

*Foodie With Family Blog*
I use this recipe but I never make the mini-puff pancakes along with it- just the stir fry itself is good! 
Also, it is SO hard to find quality kielbasa. I end up getting mine at Whole Foods- if not, there is all sort of extra stuff in the ingredient list. Let me know if you find a good kielbasa elsewhere! 


Beef Chili Recipe-Slow Cooker
*This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago-I am going to check with her before I post this to make sure it is okay! It is so good and I keep coming back to it- I think it is the liquid smoke : ) 

Chili
1.5 to 2 pounds ground beef/venison/bison
2 cans kidney beans rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes
medium sweet onion diced
1/2 cup honey bbq sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1-2 jalapenos (optional) diced (I typically omit these)
1 t oregano
1 t cumin
1 T chili powder
3 T liquid smoke

Chop the onion and jalepeno pepper.  Cook ground beef fully with onion and pepper.  Drain meat.  Put in crockpot.  Rinse kidney beans and put in crockpot.  Add remaining ingredients.  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 10-12.  I serve it with shredded cheese, sometimes fritos and plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Enjoy!

*Will serve with cornbread!*

*Epicurious*

*Pioneer Woman's blog* 
And a salad of some sort! 

*Tasty Kitchen Blog*
So, I haven't tried this one yet, so I can't vouch for it but it sounds really good. I will try it and see if it is worth a repeat and I am sure I will get reviews from the family!



Last bonus snack/breakfast recipe- 
*Carrots-n-Cake Blog*
I don't use the walnuts on top and they are just as good! 

FINALLY, we have been blown away by the love and support our church, friends and family have given in response to Ben's mom passing away- the cards, the calls, the texts and so much more...Thank you SO VERY MUCH! It has made this time so much easier with the support we have had. Y'all, the MEALS! It made easing back into school easier and then just not have to think about meals each evening was so helpful! 
So, I am inspired- I am going to post some pics of some meals below we have gotten to save some meal ideas for me to bring to others and hopefully give y'all some ideas! 

Here are all the fixin's for a taco night- ground beef/turkey combo, beans, chips, lettuce, salsa, guac, tortillas....


Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (spaghetti squash), green beans, biscuits with blackberry compote and fresh cream...


This sweet friend brought over a bunch of plasticware, plates, napkins etc...so we wouldn't have to do dishes AND brought this great book for the kids to help understand about heaven AND brought over TWO pumpkin chocolate chip loaves. 



Y'all would want these people as your friends- the husband has a big green egg grill and turns out the most amazing meat! Pulled pork, grilled corn mixed with cheese, garlic/butter sauce, salad and rolls- OH and homemade BBQ sauce and dressing


This meal is comfort food at its best! The kids absolutely loved this! Chicken spaghetti casserole- Plus, lots of meals from this one dish! 


One super helpful friend offered for us to drop the kids off for a date night to get us time together just us since we had just been with family non-stop each day we were gone and it gave us great time to chat! We went to Two Birds Taphouse in Marietta and we are probably behind since everyone has gone to it by now but we loved our night there! 

Pulled Pork Tacos (with fresno chilies)- good but ummm....super spicy! 

We split the kale salad- I would def get this again! 



I love my man- The End. 



Comments

Popular Posts