Meal Planning & Date Night Ideas (Marietta/Atlanta people)

I will start off right away with the meals for the week and if you are interested in places around Atlanta to eat and date ideas, just keep scrolling at the end!
It has been a fun-filled week... My parents are visiting from Florida and we always try to new places or things and I love it!
I am starting 21 day fix/Beachbody this Monday, so I don't feel like I need to change the way I eat much but just portion sizes - I am a bit worried about those TINY containers- haha! Maybe that already shows me I need better portion control : )
This below is a teaser for reading at the bottom about what restaurant this delish dish came from!



 Baked Coconut Curry Cod
*Simply Whisked blog*
Will serve with rice and veggies- likely roasted broccoli!
5 Ingredient Baked Coconut Curry Cod | Fish Recipe | Curry Recipe | ateaspoonofhappiness.com

*Primavera Kitchen blog*
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet - a delicious gluten free skillet dish

*Apple of My Eye Blog*
Will use tamari instead of soy sauce! And serve with cauliflower rice and a salad...
15-Minute Korean Sesame Beef Bowls- fast, easy, and so delicious!

*Cooking Light*- will use goat cheese instead of gorgonzola probably but will leave everything else the same.

<p>Pork Chops with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables and Gorgonzola</p>

The other nights will be breakfast for dinner, junk salad night or just throw something together...Four home-cooked meals during the week is enough for me!!! 
Have a great week!! 

Date Nights!!!
Fortunately Ben and I have gotten some great time together between parents visiting, friends visiting and paying a sitter...

*One REALLY basic thing we did one night was hit up Starbucks on the Marietta Square for their "evening" offerings- not all Starbucks have this but this one has a selection of small plates and about 8 different wines to choose from. Cheap, easy and had good convo! 

*Next one, we were paying a sitter, so we didn't want to go too far so we just went to Thaicoon and split three different sushi rolls- all so different but good. THEN we went to Brew with a View on top of the Strand Theater on the square- it was so great! We just had some drinks and had a great view- again time to have fun and good conversation (I need me some good convo!) ; ) 





*Okay, so this one is an expensive option, but going to Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the Dale Chihuly exhibit and then eating at Linton's in the garden...I did this with my parents, but would be a great date night as well. 


Below is the Nicoise Salad- tuna, potatoes, olive tapenade, haricot verts (green beans)...



*This one we did last night- went to Rev's Coffee in Smyrna for drinks pre-dinner and to relax and then headed to Porch Light Latin Kitchen in Smyrna- y'all, this place is great! We have been a few times and it has been hard to get into lately! We have called before and they will say they don't have reservations until 9:00---that is too late for this grandma : ). We got a 7:00 p.m. reservation this time and got to sit at the bar, which I loved. 



This is the ceviche appetizer with plantain chips. 


Their side of rice and beans- I love because there is also butternut squash in them : ) 


Ben talked me into the Pork Chop "Can Can"- I have NEVER seen meat cut like this, we could not eat even 1/2 I don't think and we are still eating it today...(oh and yuca fries- my fave). 


There you have it! Some things around Atlanta! 
We also will put the kids to bed a little early (or at least in their rooms) and wait to have dinner then! Either will pick up some food or make something a little extra fun...Date your spouse! 

Comments

Popular Posts