New Cookbook and Meals!

I feel super giddy when I get a new cookbook and a cookbook author/blogger I follow, Danielle Walker, just came out with a new cookbook this past week.  I had some Amazon gift card money so I had to order it. I love it!
So, honestly I am going to try some recipes from this cookbook this week and she is pretty strict about not sharing recipes that are only in her cookbooks...
Here are some pics of a few I just got these out of the oven- mini "corn" dog muffins


Here are mine! They smell good...we will see what the kids think! 



burger bites


One of my favorite "go-to" recipes is this one- Kale Salad with Pumpkin, Cranberries, and Goat Cheese
EXCEPT I completely change it- I roast butternut squash, use raisins and whatever nut/seed I have on hand- my fave thing is the dressing- 

Kale Salad with Roasted Pumpkin, Cranberries and Goat Cheese

Since the weather is cooler- also doing this White Chicken Chili
from a blog that the blogger no longer blogs...whew : ) but it is delish! *Eat Live Run*
I use only 1/4 cup half and half and plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream...other than that- no changes. It is so easy! 


Making Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Bars- vegan/gluten free  this week - you can do these in the slow cooker but I am just going to follow the directions for the oven : ) 


Sorry there wasn't more "usable" recipes this time around but a few at least! 


I will leave you with a few fall happenings around here. I LOVE the fall! 
Apple Picking at BJ Reece Orchards in Ellijay, GA


Fried Apple Pie time! 


Hiking with our friends! 



Park with friends...



North GA State Fair! 



I got the turkey leg...turkey for daysssssss- I was super sleepy that night- the trytophan maybe? Bring on turkey time! 



Our Marietta square does some fun stuff at the fall/Halloween time- we had just watched Minions over fall break, so they thought this was so cute! 


Have a great week! 














Comments

Popular Posts