Slow Cooker Recipe Round Up!

Since we have been gone, not a huge meal planning week but here are some slow cooker ideas for your week!

Green Chile Potato Soup
*Mix and Match Mama Blog*
I might use ground turkey for this one some times...
I use my own taco seasoning with just some cumin and chile powder and I will put out cheese for the kids and some sliced up avocados for the top!


Beef Chili Recipe-Slow Cooker
*This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago- It is so good and I keep coming back to it- I think it is the liquid smoke : )

Chili
1.5 to 2 pounds ground beef/venison/bison
2 cans kidney beans rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 medium sweet onion diced
1/2 cup honey bbq sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1-2 jalapenos (optional) diced (I typically omit these)
1 t oregano
1 t cumin
1 T chili powder
3 T liquid smoke

Chop the onion and jalepeno pepper.  Cook ground beef fully with onion and pepper.  Drain meat.  Put in crockpot.  Rinse kidney beans and put in crockpot.  Add remaining ingredients.  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 10-12.  I serve it with shredded cheese, sometimes fritos and plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Enjoy!

*Will serve with cornbread!*

Sweet and Spicy Pork Shoulder
*How Sweet Eats Blog*
Y'all, this is good!
It is honestly not that spicy at all- I use a wheat free hoisin sauce-
And I make some rice with it!

*Paleoholic Blog*
I saw this for each recipe it seems but this one is SUPER easy and tasty! 


Okay so this next recipe I haven't made in a loooong time and just stumbled on it so I cannot vouch completely for it but if you make it, let me know how it goes! I may make it this week! 
It just looks so....easy! 

Coconut-Curry Beef

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds beef chuck roast
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 teaspoons of minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon ginger powder
  • 1 12-ounce can of coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and then place in crockpot.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together onion, garlic, ginger powder, coconut milk, honey, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Then, pour over beef in crockpot.
  3. Cover and cook on low heat until meat is fork-tender, about 4 hours.
  4. Cut beef into chunks and serve.
Happy Cooking!!!! I hope you are enjoying this amazing fall! 








Comments

Popular Posts