Turkey, Bacon, and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps

When Ben and I were on our recent anniversary trip, we went to Mellow Mushroom.  I wasn't feeling something "heavy" so I asked for their Mushroom Club sandwich in a lettuce wrap if possible and it was delish! So, this is my re-creation at home! 
For me, perfect for lunch time. 
Kind of a non-recipe/recipe- you can make this your own- 

Ingredients:
3 pieces of romaine lettuce
3 slices of turkey breast ( I use Applegate Farms )
2 pieces of bacon- cooked 
sauteed mushrooms- 4 oz. 
1 oz. goat cheese


Directions: 
1.  Overlap pieces of lettuce-I lay it on saran wrap to make it easy to wrap up and hold-together at the end.
2.  Prep ingredients- saute mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil.  Bake bacon- I do this at 375 degrees- place in oven before it is turned on, turn it on to 375 degrees and set timer for 20 minutes and it is usually perfectly done! 
3.  Start assembling- lay pieces of turkey- overlapping down on the lettuce, place bacon down next, mushrooms and then goat cheese.  Carefully roll them up using the saran wrap as well to make it tight.  Then I use some scissors to cut a vertical slit and kind of tear the upper portion down to start eating.  Keep pulling the saran wrap down as you go and enjoy! 

*Make it your own- smash some avocado in there, drizzle some balsamic, use some honey mustard, really anything you'd like!* 






Comments

Popular Posts