Round Up + Book Club!

Whew! It has been awhile, but the summer has been so much fun that I actually have had less time to myself.  I thought, oh it is summer, I will get so much more done.  Nope.  But that is okay! This is the first summer that Eve doesn't need to nap so we are so much more flexible BUT that means we are probably out too much and need some more time at home.  I say "yes" too much!

But this weekend - the only thing on the agenda is to relax. Yes to that!


Onto the recipes! Y'all these are random- some are main dishes, side dishes and desserts but some don't make a complete meal ...probably representative of the haphazardness of summer.

Superfood Baked Salmon
*Cotter Crunch Blog*
Due to the brussels sprouts, the kids "tolerated" it but loved the rest- because blueberries roasted are so yummy. Will definitely repeat this one!




We grilled burgers recently and I tried this new side dish...

Marinated Mozzarella Melon Salad
*How Sweet Eats Blog*


My own mess of a creation- mexican taco salad! 
In the mix...
Ground Beef Taco/Mexican Bowl
2 lbs ground beef
cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt

Heat skillet to medium heat. Add ground beef and brown the meat, breaking up the meat as you go along. Drain any excess fat. Add about 4 tbsp chili powder, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp oregano and salt to taste. Mix well. Then add about 1/2 cup water and simmer about 5-10 min until the liquid is reduced and the flavors meld into a "sauce"
Also with sauteed onions + peppers, avocado and spinach...


From our major strawberries from the Farmer's Market- We made some strawberry pie! 
*Predominantly Paleo Blog*


When we were yurting : )- we did...
*Hot Dogs- the all beef ones from Trader Joes*
*Veggie Kabobs
*and lots of fruit- cherries, watermelon
and *S'mores! of course
The best part was the pasta salad! 

*How Sweet Eats Blog*
OF COURSE, I made it my own and added in cucumbers instead of tomatoes but you can customize this as you like. I used the brown rice pasta from Trader Joes...


So, I made sure ALL of the food was set of course, but I totally forgot PLATES- so thanks to aluminum foil, we fashioned plates and bowls out of aluminum foil and went with it! 


One of my new favorite things lately is BOOK CLUB! I love to read and could probably blog about books I read : ) but we started with "Where'd You Go Bernadette?" and our hostess with the mostess did a whole meal out of it! I made the blackberry crisp - however, I used blueberries too because blackberries are expensive! 
AND I switched out the macadamia nuts for almonds because macadamia nuts are expensive! And because there was some leftover, that was breakfast for me and the kids this morning- dessert for breakfast. 



I don't have the recipes, but here are some pics from the rest of the food! 
There was a drink from the book called the Pink Penguin that was delish! I think the best part was a basil simple syrup! 

In this fabulous salad- chicken, avocado, blackberries, peaches, feta cheese....soooo good.


Tomato pie!!! The top part was my fave! 


Some of the girls...



Planning on trying Citrus Avocado Quinoa Salad this week. From *The Every Kitchen Blog*



AND lots of grilling with easy sides- keeping it simple people. 
Have a great week! 




Comments

Popular Posts