Recap of Last Week and more Meals!

I am so sporadic this summer with cooking and meal planning but school is starting this week, soooo I need to get back in the game!

We celebrated Ben's birthday in Blue Ridge, GA last weekend and we had a blast! There is nothing else Ben would rather do than fly fish so it was perfect. I really didn't cook much- the one thing I made was Tyler Florence's Ultimate Cheesecake Recipe - Ben's favorite dessert is plain cheesecake.

I made my own crust with gluten free oreos (from Trader Joes)

Crust Recipe
Ingredients:
1 box of gluten free Trader Joe's oreos (there are 25 in a box)
4 tbsp melted butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put oreos in a food processor and pulse into sand-like : ).  Add melted butter and mix with a fork in a bowl until all combined.  Press into the bottom of a springform pan (I just used my fingers)- and place into the oven for 5-7 minutes.  Let cool down and then proceed with the cheesecake recipe!



We also ate at Harvest on Main in Blue Ridge for Ben's birthday dinner- his pick-and we all enjoyed our food! 

Last weeks eats... Ben was gone all last week for work so I didn't cook much : ) 

LOTS of salads that I threw together ingredients about 30 minutes before dinner time each day- Here are some pics. 
In this one- bacon, pistachios, avocado, blackberries and strawberries- nice and refreshingly light- made a homemade vinaigrette. 

Chicken sausage, roasted carrots, avocado, green beans and actually some hash browns that were left over! 


Except I used ground turkey instead- The kids loved it! 
Image result for thai ground pork salad


I experimented with this Gluten Free Peace and Blueberry Pie from Joy the Baker's blog and it was SO GOOD! I didn't use an egg in the crust, and I didn't have cornstarch for the filling part and it was fine! So so good. We just ate the last two pieces tonight : ) 





I also made my baked blueberry oatmeal for breakfast this morning- a winner! 

Onward to the week ahead...whew- I must post more frequently so these won't be so long! 

A one "pot" dish : ) 

Paleo Potato, Cabbage & Pancetta Bake

Having friends over one night and going to grill! 

Sticking with the tried and true Korean Flank Steak-
Image result for picture of flank steak
Flank Steak - 
Marinade: 
1-3 T. sesame seeds
1/4 c. salad oil 
1/2 c. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. ginger (scant) 
1/4 c. brown sugar (I will honey instead sometimes) 
2 green onions sliced (I don't always have these on hand and it is fine without them I think!) 

Place steak in a glass dish. Pour on marinade and let stand overnight in refrigerator- flip occasionally- 
Broil or BBQ 5. min each side- 

from Heather Christo's blog- her pictures are beautiful and food so so tasty! 

Kale Salad with Roasted Pumpkin, Cranberries and Goat Cheese

Probably serve with some roasted veggie of some sort? Or maybe some rice- something easy! 

Next one that looks amazing- 

Except I am not going to cook the spinach- I cannot.deal.with the texture of cooked spinach. 

Gluten Free Homemade Pizza Bowls! These Easy homemade Pizza Bowls are a super fun way to share and customize pizza. Just fill it with all your favorite gourmet pizza toppings! Caramelized onion, goat cheese, spinach, and more! @udisglutenfree

The rest of the meals I am freestylin' - salads, breakfast for dinner, etc...

Trying these for dessert one night! Best Paleo Buckeyes
My friend sent me this recipe and I am super excited- my trend with nut butter and chocolate continues! 
The Best Paleo Buckeyes - a healthier take on the favorite chocolate covered peanut butter ball, this Paleo recipe is grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free, and so delicious, they’ll disappear just as quickly as the original version.

That's all! Went to Taco T's (Smyrna)tonight for dinner- I was feeling like cheap dollar tacos and this place fit the bill- so easy and good. Last time I accidentally ordered the Buche- that is PIG STOMACH- oops...will not make that decision again. I ordered more wisely tonight! 



















Comments

  1. Whoa.whoa. whoa. You made buckeyes?? As in Ohio state buck eyes??? As in where Urban Meyer, former gator coach, went to coach after a confused "I want to be home for my family so am letting go gator football to do that and then 24 hrs later he is the head coach of osu" buckeyes??? That shouldn't even be an option in this family. We need to chat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts